ou can read the full report from eMarketer, but here’s a summary of the numbers:
- US digital ad spending will reach $83.00 billion in 2017
- an increase of 15.9%, according to eMarketer’s latest forecast
- Google accounts for 40.7% of US digital ad revenues in 2017
- more than double Facebook’s share.
- Facebook’s share will be about 20%, according to Reuters
- Google dominates search revenue while Facebook dominates display ads
- Google’s share of the search market will grow 16.1% to $28.55 billion in 2017
- Facebook’s US display business will jump 32.1% to $16.33 billion
- 39.1% of the US display market, taking share away from Google, Yahoo, and Twitter.
- Instagram will make up 20% of Facebook’s US mobile revenue this year, up from 15% last year.
- Snapchat’s ad revenue will grow 157.8% to $770 million in the US, slightly below expectations