Live updates of presidential and as well as House and Senate results
- CBS SFBay Area: Local SF Bay Area and California results as well as national
- Al Jazeera + “Will be streaming live on Facebook and Periscope beginning from 7PM Eastern (4PM PST). “We’ll be on all night with guest interviews and reaction from Standing Rock, New York, and Mexico City. Plus some much needed comedy relief from our NewsBroke team.”
YouTube Election coverage from:
Facebook streaming (and ability to post) from:
- ABC News
- Daily Caller
- The New York Times
- PBS NewsHour
- Washington Post.
The Verge: How to follow the 2016 election results online. Covers Google, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Politico, Votecaster
Find your polling place
- Find your polling place (any state)
- Find your polling place (California Secretary of State)
- Facebook voter advice and polling place finder
- Clinton campaign “Digital Hotline”
- Tweet to @HFA Twitter account, post on the Hillary Clinton Facebook page, or text “question” to 47246
- Paperless Electronic voting
Selfies at ballot box
Electronic voting machine issues
Parts of Pennsylvania, Georgia. “Smaller extent in Virginia and Florida, both of which are phasing them out)
A Reuters analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the Election Assistance Commission and the Verified Voting Foundation watchdog group found that 44 million registered voters, accounting for 25 percent of the total, live in jurisdictions that rely on paperless systems, including millions in contested states such as Georgia, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
But computer experts says the old electronic voting machines have a hidden flaw that worries them in the event of a very close election. The machines do not produce a paper ballot or receipt, leaving nothing to be recounted if the election outcome were in doubt, such as in 2000, when the nation awaited anxiously for Florida to reexamine those hanging chads.