CNET has done a good job summarizing the five best features in Apple’s new 10.3 version of iOS. It’s a major but interim upgrade to the iPhone and iPad operating system that’s due to get a more major overhaul in June.
Caution: Always backup your phone before any upgrade, allow plenty of time for the upgrade and know that there can be risks associated with being among the first to apply a new update.
Five must-try features include:
- Find my Aipods which causes those tiny little Airpod earbuds to make a sound so you can find them. It also shows you when they were last disconnected from the phone’s Bluetooth, which very well may be where you left them
- Apple ID Profile, which helps you more easily locate information about your profile, including your iCloud iTunes, App Store and family sharing accounts.
- iCloud storage breakdown which shows you how you’re using the storage you may be paying for
- Weather in Maps that shows the microclimate of an exact location. A must for anyone moving around San Francisco
- App compatibility status that shows you if any of your apps may be out-of-date or not fully compatible with your device
- WiFi calling from iCloud devices for Verizon customers. This includes being able to make WiFi calls from your Mac, iPad and iPod Touch in addition to your phone.
- Updated the Podcast app
- A suggestion on your profile to turn on two-factor authentication
Forbes has more details on these and other enhancement.
According to Business Insider, the new OS also includes
- Siri letting you book a ride share
- Improvements to Carplay
- The ability to watch iTunes video rentals from any of your Apple devices